Green America’s mission is to harness economic power—the strength of consumers, investors, businesses, and the marketplace—to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society.
Green America's Green Business Network® Intern
Compensation: $65 travel stipend per week
Supervisor: Scott Kitson, Membership & Marketing Manager
Dates: Starting Fall 2018, 12 weeks, with possibility for extension
Hours: 20 hours/week (Monday – Thursday)
Green America's Green Business Network® is the first, largest, and most diverse network of socially and environmentally responsible businesses in the country. This internship works with some of the most cutting-edge, social enterprise businesses in the county. Comprised of 3,000 businesses, the Green Business Network is home to both rising social and eco enterprises and the most established green businesses around. We provide the tools, the information, and the consumer base to help businesses thrive in today's competitive green marketplace.
Responsibilities for the Green Business Network Intern may include:
- Researching and writing blog posts about emerging issues related to green businesses and social entrepreneurship.
- Assisting with production of print and online materials, such as newsletters, social media posts, website updates, and membership renewal invoices.
- Database maintenance, including updating addresses and other membership information.
- Outreach to prospective members.
- Participating in and note-taking for Green Business Network department meetings.
In addition, this internship provides an inside look at how a nonprofit, green business association operates.
- Available at least 20 hours a week in Downtown Washington, DC office.
- Strong eye for effective and eye-catching design.
- Detail oriented and effective problem-solver.
- Self-starter and willing to speak up and make recommendations to improve processes.
- Comfortable with multiple tasks and competing deadlines; ability to prioritize.
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, SharePoint, Outlook).
- Experience with content management systems (preferred, but not required).
- Experience with HTML/CSS (preferred, but not required).
Visit our website to learn more about the Green Business Network.
HOW TO APPLY:
If interested please send cover letter and resume to Scott Kitson at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.