The Maryland Sierra Club offers many internship and volunteer opportunities. Conveniently located on Route 1, students can take advantage of the diverse openings in office management, administration, web design, environmental advocacy, environmental news reporting, politics, communications, marketing, outdoor education, advertising, publications, and research. There is a wide range of hours available from as few as 6 hours per week to 35 hours per week.
The Sierra Club Maryland Chapter does not at this time have stipends available, but school credit can be arranged.
The internship positions currently available at Sierra Club Maryland Chapter include:
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Chapter Coordinator
- Water Protection Organizing
- Natural Gas Organizing
- Beyond Coal
- Invasive Plant Removal/Stewardship
- Invasive Plant Removal/Coordinator
- Conservation Outings
- Event Coordinator/Jamboree
- Maryland General Assembly Legislation (Offered ONLY during winter break and spring semesters)
- Solar Energy Development
- Clean Transportation
1. Send the following materials to internships[@]mdsierra.org and cc: maryland.chapter[@]sierraclub.org
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample
Please include your name in each document title.
2. Fill out the internship application survey at http://goo.gl/forms/330RyTrwiL
All internship applications and inquiries must go through internships[@]mdsierra.org.
Please do not call or email the main office contacts.